POSITION: Corporate Controller
REPORTING TO: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: Westborough, MA
The Controller is responsible for leading Kopin Corporation’s accounting and financial reporting operations. This position will direct and manage the organization’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements, and reporting to senior management and external stakeholders. Additionally, the Controller is responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting internally on financial results.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee corporate accounting department which includes domestic subsidiary activities, manage the preparation of consolidated financial statements (including foreign subsidiary), manage monthly financial statement, budget, and forecast processes, and monitor internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage financial statement auditors and tax preparation consultants for compliance with local, state, and federal government SEC and tax filing requirements. • Build financial infrastructure and policies that will support the company’s growth and drive continuous improvements in financial systems and processes.
- Serve as a business partner and build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of Finance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED: Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. As a defense contractor, Kopin is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and you must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required
- Minimum 10 years experience in publicly traded companies with progressive career growth
- Thorough and current knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and experience with SEC reporting
- Experience with review and preparation of financial statements; payroll and franchise tax filings and requirements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process in a setting requiring consolidations, multiple subsidiaries, including international subsidiary
- Experience in developing and maintaining internal controls and driving the implementation of policies and procedures and SOX Compliance
- Experience managing and developing staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite or similar software skills
- Ability to deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Solves problems even where data is insufficient by directing team/others to get data and insights
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred with current CPA accreditation
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer, able to rotate from sitting to standing, lift up to 20 pounds, and gown according to clean room protocol
Kopin Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and as such all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. If an applicant needs a reasonable accommodation due to a disability with the application process, there is additional information on our website at www.kopin.com/careers.
To apply please send your resume to: Jobs@Kopin.com