REPORTING TO: Director of Manufacturing
LOCATION: Westborough, MA
Job Description: Performs planning and scheduling functions involved with coordinating products and materials through various production phases. Implements planned production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements. Reviews schedules to determine materials and parts requirements to ensure materials are available according to schedules. Collects and analyzes data and prepares reports including recommendations to meet internal and external demands for materials and finished goods. Expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate starting material, ERP system keying and documentation for manufacturing line based on Plan
- Perform Quarterly Inventory/make adjustments as needed for material audits
- Reconcile and report on weekly production vs plan
- Schedule Product builds in ERP system based on customer request, material availability and production capacity by working with Buyers and Manufacturing Supervisors
- Attend daily Operations meeting to review production inputs, thruputs, and outputs.
- Facilitate Line-of-Balance and Incoming Quality Inspection reviews.
- Evaluate MRP to respond to customer request for pull-in and or push-out
- Once approved, transfer BOM’s or BOM-updates to ERP system, ensuring Build Configuration is maintained.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Kopin is a defense contractor and is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) to be considered for this position.
- 2 – 4 years materials & production planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- High School diploma is required; Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and writing
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems to drive/meet production demand, PLEX manufacturing/ERP environment preferred
- Experience in project planning and inventory management is a plus
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Able to rotate from sitting to standing, lift up to 20 pounds, and gown according to clean room protocol
Kopin Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and as such all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. If an applicant needs a reasonable accommodation due to a disability with the application process, there is additional information on our website at www.kopin.com/about/careers.