REPORTING TO: Vice President, Program Management
LOCATION: Reston, VA
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Program Director provides leadership and direction for programs to ensure schedule, risks, costs, quality, and cross-functional resources are managed effectively to meet program and company goals. The Program Director is responsible for proposal development, budget development, program cost adherence, program technical performance, schedule, quality, and customer relationship(s). Supports strategic planning efforts, contract negotiations, and is a relentless problem solver. Build strong, positive internal and external customer relationships.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for keeping assigned programs on track: on budget, on schedule, on spec.
- Understands contractual obligations and communicates requirements to affected functional groups and suppliers. Ensures these obligations are met by proactively identifying and mitigating risks, facilitating the resolution and coordination of efforts to ensure preventive measures are taken or, when needed, to correct deficiencies or obstacles to performance.
- Leads programs in accordance with applicable contracting regulations and terms and conditions (FAR, DFARS, UCC, etc.), contract changes, disputes, intellectual property/technical data, and subcontract flow down.
- Supports the scoping and development of proposals and supports program pursuits.
- Establishes and clearly communicates program vision and structure.
- Manages development gate controls to ensure a smooth transition to production through coordination with manufacturing, engineering, and procurement resources.
- Conducts regular program reviews to ensure program objectives are met, including performance, quality, cost, and schedule. Manages and negotiates trade-off decisions with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Reviews and approves changes in scope and deliverables including documentation, costs, and customer agreements.
- Engages with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) to establish/improve relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Kopin is a defense contractor and is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). You must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- 6+ years of technology and/or technical product development project management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience managing government programs.
- Self-starter with a proven track record for achieving technical solutions that maintain customer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, collaborative problem-solving, financial acumen, and organizational skills.
- Experience managing diverse teams comprised of personnel from multiple locations and functional areas.
- Excellent customer management skills.
- Experience in electro-optical systems design and development preferred.
- Familiarity with DOD Cost/Schedule Status Reporting systems and techniques is desirable.
- Formal Program Management certification is desirable.
- Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment. Must have the ability to lift and small carry parcels, packages, and other items, walk short distances, and gown according to clean room protocols as required. Ability to travel.
Kopin Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and as such all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. If an applicant needs a reasonable accommodation due to a disability with the application process, there is additional information on our website at www.kopin.com/about/careers/opportunities/